Event security has become a focus of MI:33. We have worked closely with clients to keep their events free and clear of distraction. Our specialized team monitors in real time potential threats that mention a vast set of “trigger” terms and/or are said within the vicinity of the main event. Be it a Fan Fest, an eSports Tournament, or a World Championship; we handle it.
Many security departments believe that they have this area covered by utilizing automated AI driven services that flag threats by keyword or algorithm. This approach is akin to a law enforcement agency receiving & logging thousands of incidents, but never sending an officer to verify their credibility. That’s where we're different from most. We dutifully apply our honed investigative skills to the event security threat monitoring process to ensure that we can not only catch the threat, but we can act on them as efficiently as possible and identify the perpetrators even if all we have is a social media handle. We are your Eye in the Sky and virtual S.W.A.T. Team rolled into one.
Now that things are beginning to open back up, fans are clamoring for extreme excitement and attention. This can sometimes lead to conflicting encounters with staff, VIP’s, talent and other guests. Are you ready?
Since Legal & PR teams are often left to deal with the fallout from negative events, we recommend our friends in these departments to forward this email to the Security Departments or to us directly.
The Reality of Physical Security Has Changed
- Millennials make up 1/3 of the U.S. population. In fact, 9 out of 10 millennials have attended at least one live event within the past 12 months, significantly up 82% from three years ago (https://mi33.co/u5i2).
Pew Research shows that 90% of young adults between the ages of 18 and 29 are on social media (https://mi33.co/ibwo).
- The FBI found that in 30% of active shooter cases, the shooter created a social media footprint articulating their motives prior to the attack (https://mi33.co/5wu1).
Mass Monitoring Services Don’t Work
- Most of them only Monitor Public Sources Like Twitter
- While Twitter is where a lot of chatter is discovered, we keep on top of all of the current places of interest including Telegram, Discord, Twitch Chat, and Reddit.
- Unlike Twitter, there is no public ‘catch-all’ search. All conversations are on specific private servers and operatives need to research these and become be pre-approved prior to event.
Artificial Intelligence Does Not Work
- Although we utilize highly advanced proprietary algorithms and custom apps, AI cannot locate everything.
- Conversation in eSports can be violent and offensive by nature so false positives are high.
- Just as you need real human security officers keeping watch on site, you also need real humans combing through data on all platforms in real time.
- Some alerts come audibly through local police scanners, which we also use.
What We Provide
- Direct Threat (Players, Teams, Execs)
- General Threat (Bombs, Shootings)
- Simultaneously monitor and report customer service and brand sentiment, including venue issues
- Onsite ID (Name, Location, Photo)
- Develop and Maintain BOLO
- Also establish geolocation updates on request
- Interface With Law Enforcement
- Work in Tandem With Your In-House Team
- Can also assist with on the ground staff and field operatives when needed
- Worry-Free Events
- We handle follow-up so your team can focus on what’s at hand
- Small team, so we can pivot if needed
- Experienced, Licensed and Insured Private Investigators
- Outside team adds continuity despite in-house staff changes